Water Travels Through 7 Stages of Filtration
- In stages 1 and 7, water flows through pre and post one – micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
- In stage 2, water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing Fluoride Charcoal Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC) , unless Aluminum Oxide is requested. This media is specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Capacity: 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.*
- In stage 4, water flows through ion exchange resins, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness. Ceramic and Tourmaline balls to enhance the water and maintain a more alkaline pH
- In stages 3 and 5, water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals – copper and zinc ( ERA-6500, ERA-9500). ERA-6500 and ERA-9500 are major advancements in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized. To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
- In stage 6, water flows through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM’s, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), PCB’s, MTBE’s and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water. All Crystal Quest® GAC is a mixed blend of coconut shell and catalytic GAC to address both chlorine, chloramines and these byproducts. To read about how GAC’s work, click here.